Monday, July 1, 2013

Character Interview: Claire Marie

  1. What is your name? Do you have a nickname?
    My name is Claire Marie Hapsburg. At least, that's my name right now. I've had many nicknames. *smiles*
  2. What is your hair color? Eye color?
    I have blonde hair and blue eyes.
  3. Who are your friends and family? Who do you surround yourself with? Who are the people you are closest to?
    My...child is named Raul. I have other children who died, and I think about them all the time. *pauses, looking away for a moment, then smiles, looking back up* My assistant, Crystal, helps me run my antique shop. She and I are good friends. There are very few people I would say I'm close to. I have my reasons.
  4. Where were you born? Where have you lived since then? Where do you call home?
    I was born in Austria, and I've lived many places since that time. Currently, I live in the Central West End of St. Louis, Missouri.
  5. Where do you go when you're angry?
    *laughs* I try not to let that happen.
  6. What is your biggest fear? Who have you told this to? Who would you never tell this to? Why?
    *shifty eyes* I can't answer that question.
  7. Do you have a secret?
    Darling, you don't get to be my age without having secrets.
  8. What makes you laugh out loud?
    My sweet little dog, Pom Pom.
  9. When have you been in love? Had a broken heart?
    Oh, many times. But I try to leave the past where it is. No sense in rehashing old wounds.
  10. What is in your refrigerator right now? On your bedroom floor? On your nightstand? In your garbage can?
    *raises an eyebrow* In my refrigerator? Well, not food. My bedroom floor has lovely antique rugs. My nightstand has an alarm clock, a lamp, and whatever book I'm reading at the time. As for my garbage can, I recycle most things, so there is very little in the garbage can. Raul insists upon it.
  11. Look at your feet. Describe what you see there.
    I love high heels. I always have.
  12. When you think of your childhood kitchen, what smell do you associate with it? Why is that smell so resonant for you?
    *shakes head* I never was allowed to be in the kitchen. I was scolded for being in the way. But I associate my childhood with the scent of roses. The gardens at home were full of them. *soft smile*
  13. You are doing intense spring cleaning. What is easy for you to throw out? What is difficult for you to part with? Why?
    It is easy for me to part with most things, but I have a real attachment to items from my past, especially things that are related to my childhood or to my children.
  14. It’s Saturday at noon. What are you doing? Give details.
    *chuckles* Sleeping, of course. I work at night, so I am never up that early.
  15. What is one strong memory that has stuck with you from childhood? Why is it so powerful and lasting?
    Hmm...I remember my grandmother teaching me to sew and to do decorative needlework. It was one of the few things she said I did truly well. She was a hard woman, my grandmother. It wasn't easy to please her. I was proud to earn her praise in that.
  16. You are getting ready for a night out. Where are you going? What do you wear? Who will you be with?
    A night out? *smiles* I work nights, generally, so I wear a lot of sweater sets. I do love to dress up, but I don't have so many occasions to do so these days.
  17. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
    *soft laugh* I can't answer that.
  18. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
    *bites lip thoughtfully* Perfect happiness would be spending time with my family.
  19. What is your current state of mind?
    I'm very well, thank you.
  20. What is your favorite occupation?
    I own an antique shop. Of the various occupations I've had, it's the most relaxing.
  21. What is your most treasured possession?
    Oh, I have several. I can't really choose one. I keep them locked away.
  22. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
    *sighs* I am afraid it hurts too much to answer that question, my dear.
  23. What is your favorite journey?
    *raises an eyebrow* Favorite journey? I'm a homebody, so I'd rather not travel any more than necessary.
  24. What is your most marked characteristic?
    My sense of style. Everyone says so.
  25. When and where were you the happiest?
    *shifts uncomfortably* Are all these questions like this?  I really don't want to answer that.
  26. What is it that you most dislike?
    Being alone.
  27. Which living person do you most despise?
    Is this a trick question? I honestly can't answer this either. Next!
  28. What is your greatest regret?
    *looks away* These questions are unpleasant. I thought you said this would be a fun activity. *frowns* Losing my children.
  29. Which talent would you most like to have?
    I am not musical.
  30. Where would you like to live?
    I'm happy where I am.
  31. What is the quality you most like in a man?
    Loyalty.
  32. What is the quality you most like in a woman?
    Strength of will.
  33. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
    I often give my trust too easily.
  34. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
    Lying.
  35. What do you most value in your friends?
    Loyalty and sincerity.
  36. Who is your favorite hero of fiction?
    Hmm...Lestat de Lioncourt. I do enjoy Anne Rice's excellent novels.
  37. On what occasions do you lie?
    *laughs* Oh darling, a lady never tells.
  38. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
    You had probably best ask Raul that question. I never pay attention to a thing I say.
  39. How would you like to die?
    *big laugh* Is there anyone who has an answer to that? I'd prefer it never happens.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is very nice. I just posted mine this week & looking for ways to improve it. Mine is http://donnak722.wordpress.com if you get a chance to visit!

    ReplyDelete