Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Wrote 4,259 words between yesterday and today, in spite of being in bed with my crushing headache for part of it. Even if I end up editing it to bits, I'm still proud. And still writing. :D I didn't think I'd done so much till I just stopped to calculate it up. Gives me confidence. I worked in 5-10 minute bursts with breaks inbetween, but it all adds up. Even if I can't get long stretches of quiet time, if I can get a break without interruptions, even if it's just ten minutes, then it's still moving the story forward.

I've also figured out how to use my iPad to write without having so many errors that autocorrect creates for me, and that is a HUGE relief. That means I can write in bed or during my dinner break or while I'm in a waiting room...the possibilities are endless, so long as I can keep my head in the story.
In addition, I've set myself a schedule and I'm determined to stick to it come hell or high water. I'm using the time I would have been teaching or grading or holding office hours as writing time. It adds up to a lot of time.

It's been a pretty lousy few days for me personally, but I'm happy with my writing and I've decided that when all else fails, Nutella is still awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment